University Orthopaedic Associates, LLC is a leading orthopedic practice which provides a full spectrum of orthopedic care. Our board certified surgeons, each with sub-specialty training, offer the best care in sports medicine, arthroscopic surgery, joint replacement, traumatology, hand and upper extremity surgery, foot and ankle surgery and surgery of the spine.
We have an exciting per-diem opportunity to join our team as a Radiological Technician in our Somerset and Monmouth county offices.
- Graduate of an accredited radiologic technologist program
- A license issued by the State of New Jersey Radiologic Technology Board of Examiners
- Registered in the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT)
- A minimum of one (1) year of previous Radiology experience preferred.
- Energetic, Customer Service & Detail Oriented and Technology Proficient
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Operate machinery, position patients for optimum results and perform tests that create digital images of the body
- Pro-actively reviews patient list to determine patients that will need x-rays, walk patients to exam room, pull up images in exam rooms as needed
- Verify equipment is on correctly at the beginning of the work day and functioning properly as well as properly shut off the equipment at the end of the day
- Contact for repairs and services as needed and report all needed repairs as per procedure
- Follow best practices for radiation protection to minimize radiation to patients & staff
- Answer phones, retrieve messages and follow up
- Obtain outside facility films and reports for results appointments & scan into EMR system
- Burn discs to imprint imaging
- Keep the quality assurance log up to date for physicist and state inspections as well as maintain all related documentation
- Ensure and verify online access to outside facilities is functional weekly and maintain a log in at each office location
- Follow company policies and procedures as required
- Comply with all Federal and State laws governing HIPAA