About Dr. Bechler
Dr. Bechler is board certified in orthopaedic surgery. He earned his medical degree from New York Medical College after earning his undergraduate degree from Dartmouth College. He completed his internship and residency at UMDNJ-Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, and a fellowship in sports medicine at the Kerlan-Jobe Orthopaedic Clinic in Los Angeles, California.
- Subspecialty certification in sports medicine
- Head orthopaedic consultant for Princeton University Athletics
- Academic appointment as a Clinical Associate Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery at Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
- Elected by his peers for inclusion in Best Doctors in America®
- Castle Connolly Top Doctor
- University Center for Ambulatory Surgery (UCAS)
- Center for Ambulatory Resources (CARES)
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital
- Saint Peter’s University Hospital
- Jersey Shore University Medical Center
- Medical Center at Princeton
- Bechler, J.R., Hosea, T.M., Tria, A.J., “Embryology & Evolution of the Knee”, W.N.Scott, Editory, Mosby Yearbook, Inc. 2000 Chapt 1., pg 3 – 12.
- Bechler, J. R., Leddy, J.P., “Flexor Tendon Avulsion from the Distal Phalanx”.Chapter 17 in Techniques in Hand Surgery. By William Blair, M.D. 1996.
- Bechler, J.R., Jobe, F.W., Pink, M. et al. “Electromyographic Analysis of the Hip and Knee During the Golf Swing”. Clinical Journal of Sports Medicine. 1995; 5.
- Bechler, J.R., Jobe, F.W., “Impingement and Instability in the Throwing Athlete”. Operative Techniques in Sports Medicine. April 1994.
- Hosea, T.M., Tria, A.J., Bechler, J.R., “Embryology of the Knee”. Chapter 1 in The Knee. By W. Norman Scott, M.D., Mosby 1994.
- Dunn, M., Tria, A.J., Zawadsky, J. P., Bechler, J.R., Kato, P., Silvers, F., “Development of a Reconstituted Collagen ACL Prosthesis: Preliminary Animal Results”. American Journal of Sports Medicine. October/November 1990, Pages 554-555.
- Dunn, M., Tria, A.J., Zawadsky, J.P., Kato, P., Bechler, J.R., Silvers, F., “Development of a Reconstituted Collagen ACL Prosthesis: Preliminary Animal Results”. American Journal of Sports Medicine. September/October 1992.
- Hosea, T.M., Tria, A.J., Bechler, J.R., “Embryology of the Knee”. Chapter 1 in Ligament and Extensor Mechanism Injuries of the Knee: Diagnosis and Treatment. By W. Norman Scott, M.D.
- Bechler, J.R., Robertson, W.W., Meadows, A.T., Womer, R.B., “Osteosarcoma as a Second Malignant Neoplasm in Children”. Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery. 74-A: 1079 – 1083, Aug. 1992.