Dr. Gatt is board certified in orthopaedic surgery. He obtained his medical degree from UMDNJ-Robert Wood Johnson Medical School after earning his undergraduate degree from Lafayette College. He completed an internship and his residency at UMDNJ-Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. Following his residency, he did a fellowship specializing in orthopaedic sports medicine at the Cleveland Clinic Foundation.
- Subspecialty certified in orthopaedic sports medicine
- Orthopaedic Consultant and Team Physician at Rutgers University
- Head Orthopaedic Consultant for Rider University Athletics
- Chairman of Orthopaedic Surgery at Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
- Associate Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery at Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
- Program Director of the Limb Salvage Program at Armed Forces Institute of Regenerative Medicine (AFIRM)
- Voted NJ Top Docs
- Awarded the Patients’ Choice Award
- Elected by his peers for inclusion in Best Doctors in America®
- Patients’ Choice On-Time Physician recognition
- University Center for Ambulatory Surgery (UCAS)
- Center for Ambulatory Resources (CARES)
- Jersey Shore University Medical Center
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital
- Saint Peter’s University Hospital
- The Medical Center at Princeton
Patel JM, Merriam AR, Culp BM, Gatt CJ, Dunn MG (2016) One-year Outcomes of Total Meniscus Reconstruction Using a Novel Fiber-Reinforced Scaffold in an Ovine Model. Am J Sports Med. 44(4):898-907.
- Successful Total Meniscus Reconstruction Using a Novel Fiber-Reinforced Scaffold: A 16- and 32-Week Study in an Ovine Model.
Merriam AR, Patel JM, Culp BM, Gatt CJ Jr, Dunn MG.
Am J Sports Med. 2015 Oct;43(10):2528-37.
- Hamstring autograft size can be predicted and is a potential risk factor for anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction failure.
Conte EJ, Hyatt AE, Gatt CJ Jr, Dhawan A.
Arthroscopy. 2014 Jul;30(7):882-90.5
- Neuromuscular training for the prevention of ACL injuries: commentary on the article by Eric Swart, MD, et al.: “prevention and screening programs for anterior cruciate ligament injuries in young athletes: a cost-effectiveness analysis”.
Gatt CJ Jr.
J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2014 May 7;96(9):e77
- Radioprotection provides functional mechanics but delays healing of irradiated tendon allografts after ACL reconstruction in sheep.
Seto AU, Culp BM, Gatt CJ Jr, Dunn M.
Cell Tissue Bank. 2013 Dec;14(4):655-65.
- Development of a silk and collagen fiber scaffold for anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction.
Panas-Perez E, Gatt CJ, Dunn MG.
J Mater Sci Mater Med. 2013 Jan;24(1):257-65. doi: 10.1007/s10856-012-4781-5. Epub 2012 Oct 10.
- Sterilization of tendon allografts: a method to improve strength and stability after exposure to 50 kGy gamma radiation.
Seto AU, Gatt CJ Jr, Dunn MG.
Cell Tissue Bank. 2013 Sep;14(3):349-57. doi: 10.1007/s10561-012-9336-y. Epub 2012 Aug 24.
- Design and mechanical evaluation of a novel fiber-reinforced scaffold for meniscus replacement.
Balint E, Gatt CJ Jr, Dunn MG.
J Biomed Mater Res A. 2012 Jan;100(1):195-202. doi: 10.1002/jbm.a.33260. Epub 2011 Oct 23.
- Improved tendon radioprotection by combined cross-linking and free radical scavenging.
Seto A, Gatt CJ Jr, Dunn MG.
Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2009 Nov;467(11):2994-3001. doi: 10.1007/s11999-009-0934-3. Epub 2009 Jun 19.
- Application of the dual-frequency ultrasonometer for osteoporosis detection.
Sarvazyan A, Tatarinov A, Egorov V, Airapetian S, Kurtenok V, Gatt CJ Jr.
Ultrasonics. 2009 Mar;49(3):331-7. doi: 10.1016/j.ultras.2008.10.003. Epub 2008 Nov 1.
- Radioprotection of tendon tissue via crosslinking and free radical scavenging.
Seto A, Gatt CJ Jr, Dunn MG.
Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2008 Aug;466(8):1788-95. doi: 10.1007/s11999-008-0301-9. Epub 2008 May 30.
- Impairment of the collagenase-3 endocytotic receptor system in cells from patients with osteoarthritis.
Walling HW, Raggatt LJ, Irvine DW, Barmina OY, Toledano JE, Goldring MB, Hruska KA, Adkisson HD, Burdge RE, Gatt CJ Jr, Harwood DA, Partridge NC.
Osteoarthritis Cartilage. 2003 Dec;11(12):854-63.
- Arthroscopic identification of the popliteofibular ligament.
Aronowitz ER, Parker RD, Gatt CJ.
Arthroscopy. 2001 Nov-Dec;17(9):932-9.
- Preemptive analgesia: its role and efficacy in anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction.
Gatt CJ Jr, Parker RD, Tetzlaff JE, Szabo MZ, Dickerson AB.
Am J Sports Med. 1998 Jul-Aug;26(4):524-9.
- Three-dimensional knee joint kinetics during a golf swing. Influences of skill level and footwear.
Gatt CJ Jr, Pavol MJ, Parker RD, Grabiner MD.
Am J Sports Med. 1998 Mar-Apr;26(2):285-94.
- Impact loading of the lumbar spine during football blocking.
Gatt CJ Jr, Hosea TM, Palumbo RC, Zawadsky JP.
Am J Sports Med. 1997 May-Jun;25(3):317-21.
- Back pain in golf.
Hosea TM, Gatt CJ Jr.
Clin Sports Med. 1996 Jan;15(1):37-53. Review.