About Dr. Doumas
Dr. Doumas is board certified in orthopaedic surgery. He obtained his medical degree from UMDNJ-New Jersey Medical School after earning his undergraduate degree from the College of William and Mary. He completed an internship and his residency at the University of Miami, Jackson Memorial Hospital. Following his residency, he did a fellowship at the University of Pennsylvania. Dr. Doumas is board certified in orthopaedic surgery. He specializes in surgery of the hand and upper extremity.
- Subspecialty certified in surgery of the hand and upper extremity
- Director of Hand Surgery at Jersey Shore University Medical Center
- Academic appointment as a Clinical Assistant Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery at Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
- Volunteered as a surgeon in Haiti following 2010 earthquake
- Nurse’s Choice Physician of the Year at Jersey Shore University Medical Center
- Co-author of the orthopaedic textbook “Operative Techniques in Orthopaedic Surgery”
- Founder and President of LibraryOfMedicine.com
- Castle Connolly Top Doctor
- University Center for Ambulatory Surgery (UCAS)
- Central Jersey Surgery Center
- Jersey Shore University Medical Center
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital
- Saint Peter’s University Hospital
- CentraState Healthcare System
- Doumas C, Bozentka DJ. K-Wire Fixation of Distal Radius Fractures With and Without External Fixation. In: Hunt TR, eds. Operative Techniques in Orthopaedic Surgery. Lippincott Williams and Wilkins, July 31, 2015; Philadelphia, PA. 2nd edition
- Kim N, Liss F, Doumas C, Beredjiklian PK. Intramedullary and Dorsal Plate Fixation of Distal Radius Fractures. In: Hunt TR, eds. Operative Techniques in Orthopaedic Surgery. Lippincott Williams and Wilkins, July 31, 2015; Philadelphia,PA. 2nd edition
- Nikci V, Doumas C.
Calcium deposits in the hand and wrist.
J Am Acad Orthop Surg. 2015 Feb;23(2):87-94. doi: 10.5435/JAAOS-D-14-00001.
- Doumas C
Cast treatment of fractures: What are the risks?
Rev Libr Med Dec 2014;1(3):9-10
- Doumas C
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Rev Libr Med Oct 2014;1(1):1-10.
- Ayoub M, Doumas C.
Early postoperative failure of a new intramedullary fixation device for midshaft clavicle fractures.
Orthopedics. 2014 Feb;37(2):76. doi: 10.3928/01477447-20140124-35.
- Doumas C, Bozentka DJ, Steinberg DR. Compression neuropathies of the upper extremities. Hospital Physician:Orthopaedic Surgery Board Review Manual. Vol. 8: Part 2. Nov. 2011