About Dr. Kayiaros
Dr. Kayiaros is board certified in orthopaedic surgery. He obtained his medical degree from the University of Medicine and Dentistry of NJ-Robert Wood Johnson Medical School and his undergraduate degree from Johns Hopkins University. He completed his internship and residency in Orthopaedic Surgery as well as a fellowship in Orthopaedic Trauma at The Warren Alpert School of Medicine at Brown University followed by a fellowship in Adult Reconstruction and Joint Replacement at the Hospital for Special Surgery in New York.
- Subspecialty in Adult Reconstruction and Joint Replacement and Orthopaedic Trauma
- 2015 Volunteer Faculty Award recipient, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
- Member of American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Member of American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons
- Nearly two dozen professional presentations on orthopaedic surgery topics
- Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
- Senior Clinical Associate and Clinical Instructor, Dept. of Orthopaedic Surgery, Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University, Hospital for Special Surgery and Dept. of Orthopaedic Surgery, The Warren Alpert School of Medicine, Brown University
- Resident of the Year, Dept. of Orthopaedics, Warren Alpert School of Medicine, Brown University
- Elected to Alpha Omega Alpha National Medical Honor Society
- Excellence in Pathology, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
- Honors Graduate, Johns Hopkins University
- Fluent in Greek, working knowledge of French
- Outpatient Same Day Hip and Knee Replacement
- Minimally Invasive Anterior Approach Total Hip Replacement
- Complex Revision Hip and Knee Replacement
- Post-Traumatic Joint Replacement
- Partial Knee Replacement
- Periprosthetic Fractures
- Minimally Invasive Total Knee Replacement
- Handheld Computer Navigated Knee Replacement
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital
- Jersey Shore University Medical Center
- University Center for Ambulatory Surgery (UCAS)
- Saint Peter’s University Hospital
- Center for Ambulatory Resources (CARES)
- Preston J.S., Caccavale, D., Smith A., Stull L.E., Harwood D.A., Kayiaros S. Bundled Payments for Care Improvement in the Private Sector: A Win for Everyone. Journal of Arthroplasty. 2018 Mar 14. [Epub ahead of print]
- Honcharuk E., Kayiaros S., Rubin L.E. The Direct Anterior Approach for Acetabular Augmentation in Primary Total Hip Arthroplasty. Arthroplasty Today. 2017 May 12;4(1):33-39.
- Bateman D.K., Dow R.W., Brzezinski A., Bar-Eli H.Y., Kayiaros S. Correlation of the Caprini Score and Venous Thromboembolism Incidence Following Primary Total Joint Arthroplasty-Results of a Single-Institution Protocol. Journal of Arthroplasty. 2017 Dec;32(12):3735-3741.
- Koch C.N., Mateo L.S., Kayiaros S., Cassidy K.A., Jerabek S.A., Gonzalez Della Valle A. Spontaneous Fractures of a Modern Modular Uncemented Femoral Stem. HSS Journal. 2016 Oct;12(3):250-254.
- Parcells B.W., Giacobbe D., Macknet D., Smith A., Schottenfeld M., Harwood D.A., Kayiaros S. Total Joint Arthroplasty in a Stand-alone Ambulatory Surgical Center: Short-term Outcomes. Orthopedics. 2016 Jul 1;39(4):223-8.
- Kayiaros, S., MD, & Tripathi, M. S., MD. (2016). Chapter 15: Avoiding, Recognizing, and Treating Complications of the Direct Anterior Hip Approach. In The Direct Anterior Approach to Hip Reconstruction.
- Bertrand W., Parcells, MD, David M. Macknet, BA, Stephen T. Kayiaros, MD. The Direct Anterior Approach for 1-Stage Bilateral Total Hip Arthroplasty. The Journal of Arthroplasty. February 01, 2016 31 | 2 | Pages 434-437; DOI: 10.1016/j.arth.2015.08.040
- Kayiaros S., Harwood D. The Challenges of Managing Post-Surgical Outcomes in ASCs. Surgical Products. November 10, 2015.
- Kayiaros S., Parcells B., Macknet D. The Direct Anterior Approach for One-Stage Bilateral Total Hip Arthroplasty: Early Outcomes Analysis of a Single Surgeon Case Series. The Journal of Arthroplasty. Sept 8, 2015.
- Kayiaros S., Rubin L.E., Biercevicz A., Limbird R.S., Paller D. Broach Handle Offset and Impact Acceleration During Femoral Preparation for Total Hip Arthroplasty. Reconstructive Review. Sept 3(2): 41-3, 2013.
- Aaron, D., Patel, A., Kayiaros, S., Calfee, R. Four Common Types of Bursitis: Diagnosis and Management. Journal of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. 19(6): 359-67, 2011.
- Kayiaros, S., Blankenhorn, B.D., DeHaven, J., Van Lancker, H.P., Sardella, P., Pascalides, J.T., DiGiovanni, C.W. Correction of Metatarsus Primus Varus Associated with Hallux Valgus Deformity Using the Arthrex Mini TightRope®: A Report of 44 Cases. Foot and Ankle Specialist. 4(4): 212-17, 2011
- Thakur, N.A., Plante, M.J., Kayiaros, S., Reinert, S.E., Ehrlich, M.G. Inappropriate Transfer of Patients With Orthopaedic Injuries to a Level 1 Trauma Center: A Prospective Study. J Orthop Trauma. 24(6): 336-9, 2010.
- Gusev, Y., Kayiaros, S., Dooley, W.Amplification of Centrosomes—An Early Event in Breast Cancer Progression? Clinical Immunology Newsletter. 19(1): 18, 1999.
- Vopat, B.G., Ritterman, S.A., Kayiaros, S., Rubin, L.E. Primary Knee Arthrodesis for Severe Crystalline Arthropathy. Am J Orthop (Belle Mead NJ). Oct;42(10): E91-3, 2013.